Kenoshan You Need to Know
Organization / Place of Employment: Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha
Title: Athletic Director
1. How long have you lived and/or worked in Kenosha County? I moved to Kenosha in 2004 after graduating high school in Antioch Illinois. I lived on the Northside of Kenosha during college. I began working at the Boys & Girls Club in 2006 and now currently reside in Pleasant Prairie.
2. Describe a day in the life of Jackie: The day in the life of Jackie is hard to describe as every day is different! That is my favorite part! Each day I have different things I get to do and experience. Some days I work in the office and other days I am out at our parks. I am constantly interacting with kids, parents and volunteers through our sports programs! I am very passionate about providing quality programming to all kids through sports. In my free time, I volunteer head coach with the Kenosha Cyclones Fast Pitch Club which I love!
3. What makes Kenosha County a great place to work and play? I have met a lot of wonderful people working at the Boys & Girls Club and volunteering with the Kenosha Cyclones. I have developed great relationships with a lot of people who really care about the people in the community. People are very passionate about sports and bettering the community and I am happy to be a part of it.
4. What is your favorite Kenosha County event/activity? My favorite activity is bike riding along the lake and attending the 4th of July Fireworks. I spend a lot of time in the summer at Boys & Girls Club fields during the baseball/softball season and coaching that going down by the lake is a great place to relax and soak up the sun.
5. What is one thing you would like to see improved in Kenosha County? Continuing to improve the downtown area. There is a lot of potential and I can’t wait how it develops.
6. What about Kenosha are you really proud of? I am really proud of the way the city has come together to support the mission of the Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha. It has been an amazing transition since opening our new facility in June of 2011. We were in dire need of a centralized facility and a place to call home. We are blessed by the support of the city and the community to make the dream a reality. I know everyone that works in Boys & Girls Clubs across the country are jealous of our club and we should be proud of what we are accomplishing.
7. Who inspires you locally? I have been inspired by several people in Kenosha: Ali Brems(former Harborside student, Bradford and Cyclone softball player and coach) Troy Tennyson-(principal of Christian Life) John Ruffolo and Amy Jacob- (KUSD Teachers, Bradford Softball and Cyclones Coaches) Their dedication and desire to help the young people in the city has been inspiring. They are so giving of their time, energy and talent. They really care about the kids and give so much to whatever group they belong to without wanting any recognition. I am inspired by their passion and they have always supported me.